Image Map

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Free falling.


So many updates, so I guess the best place to start from is the beginning.... 

This past Friday I went to my internship and the Events Editor asked me if I would be available to do a red carpet event... in the Hamptons. 
DUH! 
The deal was I would go to the Hamptons... do some red carpet interviews followed by being able to enjoy the party myself.
The event is a yearly event in the Hamptons called Super Sunday... Which raises money for ovarian cancer research. 
This year was hosted by Kelly Ripa and she had a lot of guest show up.

SO Danny and I woke up around 5am, got dressed, and headed to the Hamptons for the first time! 

We hopped on the Long Island Railroad and headed on the three hour trip from Brooklyn to the Hamptons!


The event was located at a place called "Noah's Art".
It was basically a big field with art work all over it.
The event was under huge tents where people could go shopping for top designer items... with their money being donated to charity. 
Ticket to get in for the public? 
$450. 
Press? 
Danny and I got in for free! 


We got there and stood on the red carpet and began interviewing all the celebs that past by.


Thank goodness for sorority recruitment skills because my questions just kept on coming!
I want to post more pictures of the celebs on here (and my Facebook) but I don't own rights to the pictures because I was working for my internship! 

But here is me and the host! 


The red carpet was so fun and I got a lot of good stuff! 
Following the red carpet Danny and I went and picked up our Moroccan Oil Gift bags, enjoyed a couple of drinks, and ate a delicious meal! 






The event as I mentioned before was made up of tents. You would walk up to each tent and basically be given a ton of free designer products. 





And of course there was a polo match going on! 


Our day in the Hamptons was perfect. 
But...
Then I had to go to work and do an overnight shift...
I hate the spa. 

I worked all night, got yelled at multiple times in foreign languages, and got to deal with drunk people who for some reason just couldn't go home and go to bed... but wanted to go to the spa. 

I got home around 9:30am Sunday morning and woke up around 1pm to do a write up to send to my internship about the event. 
Then had to head back to work until 2am at the spa.

I woke up late on Monday morning after getting home around 3:30am to go to my internship and I felt like something was wrong. 
I literally had slept through my alarm which is unlike me and then I had some scary symptoms occur. 
I ended up waking Danny up and we took a taxi to Union Square so I could go to the urgent care. 
New York doctors offices are amazing by the way... 




I will be getting a procedure done soon and some testing for a couple of things.
I don't want to go into details because.... I don't want to get anyone excited. 

Following my doctors appointments I got to meet up with one of my all time favorite sorority sisters who was in town! 
Cameron and I did dinner at the famous Buddahkon (rehearsal dinner from Sex and the City the movie).


And then out with some people to a bar called Employees Only! 


This picture makes me laugh because Cameron's eyes are closed so when I was drinking I cut them out! 

We had a great night! 

I got more crazy nails done yesterday! 
The lady liked her design so much she put them on her instagram page! 
Look at my chubby little fingers! 
Such a hand model if I must say so myself! 


So this week I have two more red carpet events and I can't wait to share the details! 

OH AND BIG NEWS. 
I quit my job at the spa today and started my new job at another nicer, more organized spa today! 
I feel free! 

I've fallen hard... for New York City. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover