Image Map

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Mary Go Round.


My last three days have been so much fun mostly  because one of my sorority sisters and best friends came and visited me all the way from North Carolina (Statesville to be exact)! 
Mary has never been to NYC and it was such an amazing experience to show her the city. 
It made me excited to see her get excited and now finally someone gets why the place is so amazing.
Allow me to share our adventures... which will hopefully inspire you to want to come visit me as well! 

Sunday
Mary arrived in NYC! 
I was so excited for her to get here I even kinda cleaned up a little bit, not to much of course. 
When she arrived she was so hungry and so was I, so lunch was the first thing on our to do list.
I decided we would go to Canal Street (China Town) for an authentic chinese food meal followed by shopping for amazing (fake) handbags and other designer duds. 
The subway ride to the city from where I live is the absolute best. 
You get to see the entire city and the statue of liberty.
So of course that got her excited... heck it still gets me excited. 
We finally got to canal street (which is fairly close) and the moment we left the subway station a women walked up to us and said "Louis, Chanel, Coach".
Mary got nervous and said "no thank you" and started walking away. 
I looked at the lady and said "Do you have Tory"... She said "follow me". 
We followed her about a block and entered into a store. 
The store had cheap merchandise all over it and touristy things.
But then she took out a key and opened the drawers under some cheap scarfs. 
There was every designer you could imagine and in every color. 
MC and I spent around 100 dollars but this included:
Tory Burch Wallet 
Tory Burch Purse 
Chanel Pearl Necklace
2 pairs of Chanel earrings
Ray Ban Sunglasses 


After all the shopping we were officially starving.
We grabbed food at this little place and it was delicious! 


After we had experienced Canal Street we decided to go over to Harold Square. 
When we arrived I took Mary to get her first Bubble Tea! 


As we walk down the street we begin to hear cheering and yelling! 
We walked right up on the Gay Pride Parade! 
It was seriously such a blast... music, dancing, and fun! 





What I thought was the coolest part were the amount of churches who participated saying "we except everyone at our church". 
How Christian is that?! 

We were standing watching the parade and I told MC to turn around.... SURPRISE we were at The Empire State Building! 


We followed this by going to do a little shopping and heading back to Brooklyn to get ready to go out! 
MC had me do her hair and make up... typical. 




Our first stop was Time Square. 
It was awesome to show it to Mary for the first time and she absolutely loved it! 



We ate a place called Jekell & Hyde. 
It is this themed place... mostly for kids in Time Square... But of course I wanted to go. 
It was like a scientific lab and there were many characters that came and talked us... asked us for our brains for scientific experiments and such! 
We had a lot of fun! 
Here is us drinking poison! 


After sharing dinner (we were still kinda full from lunch) we headed over to Southern Comfort for drinks. 
The bar was kind of dead. 
Mary was also getting tired... she had flown all day... but I was determined to get her a little wild. 
Mary just turned 21 a couple of weeks ago and hasn't had the opportunity to get crazy yet. 
We shared beer which I ended up drinking the majority of but then the bartender gave us two free shots! 



And Mary finally started to loosen up! 



We headed to our next bar... my personal favorite Mercury Bar. 
Mercury will also be where we will spend the next 3 nights. 
The bartenders ended up loving us and we made a lot of friends. 
Mary met an amazing guy at Mercury... he is like smart, works for amazon, doesn't live with his mom, and is cute.
Our bartender from Dublin also loved us and ended up giving us free shots and drinks throughout the night. 
And so did guys we met...
because guys here are awesome! 




By the end of the night we were hot messes on the Subway ride back. 
And Mary being the worrier she is continued to ask me the whole walk back "are we about to get killed... omg please tell me know one is going to kills us". 
I had to assure her that us getting stabbed in the middle of Time Square is very unlikely. 
Our Subway ride home was also interesting. 




Monday

Monday we got out of bed, got ready and headed to eat at this amazing Mexican place near Prince Street.
We ate so much food... 
Everyone knows how cranky Mary gets when she is hungry.
I told her it was close the stop and to me it was.
Danny later explains to Mary that when you live here your perception of what is close and what is far changes. 
A couple of blocks for us is like... everyday... but people who are visiting expect "close" to be around the corner. 
We finally to got there... (It was like maybe 10 blocks but to Mary it was like 100).


After stuffing our faces we waddled over to the Rockefeller center. 
We walked right up onto a high fashion photo shoot. 
The model was gorgeous and posing next to cars and acting like a regular New Yorker... except she was decked out in beautiful clothes and makeup.
I of course had to get involved.
They were taking pictures of people walking past her... prob the "regular" people to enhance her beauty.... So I took it upon myself to walk by while they were shooting. 
Hopefully I will just happen to show up as an ugly random in the back of a dior ad! 

I took Mary to a place she hates most... Fox News... which happens to be a place I love. 
I love this picture. 


This was followed by us spending hours in the forever21 in Times Square.
This store is awesome.
Mary wanted me to help her look more like a New Yorker... which I of course was so excited to do and I picked out her new outfit and did her makeup!
On the way home we stopped and got red velvet cheesecake.
Mary now understands why Danny and I discuss this daily.
We ended up going straight to Mercury bar and having another fun night full of free drinks and fun! 





Obviously every New York girl loves a good cosmo! 


We stayed out until around 6am! 

Tuesday

Tuesday was our official Carrie Bradshaw, Sex in the City day.
We started our morning grabbing a little breakfast... then Tiffanys...
Then we went to Dry Bar to get our hair done.

A huge trend in NYC is blow dry bars. 
You can't get your hair cut, colored, or anything like that here... just the perfect blowout and style! 
Their concept is, "We want to do one thing perfect instead of lots of things okay".
They wash your hair and then make it perfect blown out look. 
Dry Bar is the original and the best blow dry bar there is.
You chose between different kinds of blow outs... we both obviously picked the one called Southern Comfort! 




Mary's hair perfection! 


My perfect hair! 


After getting our hair done we literally had 10 mins to get to our Sex and the City tour we were going on. 
We grabbed a taxi and made it just before the bus left. 
Then it was time to explore all things that the girls in Sex and the City saw! 
The tour was amazing and obviously a lot of fun for girls who are obsessed with Sex and City as we are. 
Here are some clips from the show and movies where we were! 











After we did our tour we grabbed dinner and headed to an amazing show called Fuerza Bruta.
It is a really big hit right now in NYC... and I can see why.
You don't sit down during the entire show... there is things being thrown around everywhere, there is props to touch, an amazing DJ, dancing, and the coolest water show I've ever seen. 













The show was such a blast and after we decided to of course go to Mercury. 
The bartenders agreed to throw Mary a little going away party and all our friends were there.
It was seriously a blast. 

The first night Mary and I went out I had to try and convince her to do shots... last night she kept saying "LETS DO SHOTS"... and guys of course kept buying them for us! 
It was cool to see her loosen up and fall in love with NYC. 

Mary has texted me since being home today and already says she wants to come back. 
She also is emailing Hunter College today about graduate school right in the city. 
Whoops I made some else fall in love with this city!
We had such an amazing three days and it was nice to have a constant partner in crime! 


Tomorrow is the Fourth of July and I have things planned that I'll tell you about tomorrow.
Oh and I work for the next four days straight... which is kind of lame but hopefully I'll find some time to do fun stuff in between! 

See ya tomorrow socialites! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover