Image Map

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

What The Heck Has Been Going On.


I havent posted in a while but I wanted to just do some highlights and not a play by play! 
I think I have found the perfect apartment and I'm hopefully meeting with one of the girls who currently lives there tomorrow to go over details! 
The price is right, it is IN MANHATTAN, my room will be smaller but the living room and kitchen are large! 
I'm really hoping this all works out! 
Apartments are so hard to get in the city I've heard... it's more like a job interview. 
In a normal situation you meet the person, they seem okay, and you pay and move in.
In the city the competition like everything else is fierce... so people can be really picky! 
The good news is the girls seem really nice! 
Oh I would be living with three other girls... two have lived there for a year... they are looking for two more roommates! Each have our own room! 

I wanted to start by highlighting the 4th of July! 
I went to the famous Coney Island HotDog Eating Contest after spending the early afternoon laying out on the beach. 
It was such a great time! 
I of course had to try a hot dog of my own! 



Along with fresh cut mango on the beach! 
I love these thing!!! 


This was the video I got when Joey Chestnut the world famous eater won first place! 


There was music and performers while we waited as well! 
It was really a great and very hot day!

Another recent highlight was when my roommate and I decided to try Korean food.
I work with a lot of korean women but have never tried the food before so Danny and I went to a place called Wonjo. 
I asked the waitress how to chose what we wanted and I decided I wanted to try Korean BBQ.

We ordered our food and this is what they bring to the table:


I'm curious if this is like a starter or whats going on... then they bring this out: 


I quickly ask the waiter what we are suppose to do with all of this and what it was. 
He said we snack on it. 
It all kind of tasted weird to me... I'm an open minded eater but like things that I would imagine would be hot were cold and visa versa. 
It was like cold beans, cold spicy cabbage, hot bean sprouts, soy balls. 
I was a little confused and then they brought out the BBQ 


Which I thought was pretty good. 
Danny appreciated the other food more than I did but I mostly decided to stick to the meat. 
It was a cool experience... will I eat Korean food again? Maybe not unless the ladies at my work bring it for me. 
It is also kind of expensive. Our meal was $70... and I literally just ate the BBQ, oh and RICE! 

So I made the decision I wanted to get my nails and toes done the other day! 
I found this place in Brooklyn that does Japanese 3D nail art so I called and they said they could take me! 
I honestly was in desperate need of a pedicure... especially post almost ripping my toenail off at work.... hope you enjoy this picture! 
OUCH!

But my nails are really what I loved about my trip!
 I got so many little charms and things... although i didn't think of the consequences at the time of having large objects glued to my nails 


Days later I want to rip them off. They are adorable... but they get caught on everything. 
I'm going to get them done again... just not so dramatic. 

My internship is going well! 
I have my first clip! 
Which means I contributed to the story in Life and Style! 


PRETTY AWESOME! 

My favorite picture from the week is this one: 


I went out to dinner and drinks with this guy I met and we ended up at my favorite bar called Mercury. 
He snapped this picture of me being crazy and I loved it.
That was a really fun night although I learned an important lesson. 
No going out on work nights. 
I had to be up at 11am the next day and my boss rode my case for being tired the whole time. 
It was worth it for one night though...
We found a bar with a $1 beer happy hour... followed by dancing the night away at Mercury with friends... I even got to see my favorite guy Simba!!! 

Although my time in New York has been amazing I also got new that a friend of mine Shannon Christy passed away this week. 

She was in a tragic kayaking accident.
This Thursday my post is going to be a throwback thursday to a trip me, Shannon, and a lot of my other friends went on a couple of years ago. 
I will say among all the pain from loss I have felt I have also felt some warmth of the people from home. 
I have spoken to and cried with people I haven't in forever.
I guess love for someone can bring anyone together... 




2 comments:

Pin It button on image hover