Image Map

Thursday, June 6, 2013

A little more luck.


Wednesday was my last day of training at the spa and it was the determining factor if all my hours of working were going to be rewarded.
Of course the subway I take to get to work broke down... So I had to ask some random man how to get to Harold Square from where we were.
He told me where to go and said it would drop me off two block away from where I usually let off of but I would just have to walk a little further.
It ended up being a pretty awesome incident because I ended up arriving to work on time and I got to walk pass the Empire State Building!


I got the job at the spa!
It was a bitter sweet moment.
I was being worked for my third day of not getting paid and I decided in my head that if I didn't get it I wouldn't care.
In the middle of my volunteer work she told me I got the job!
An income!
The pay starts pretty low but I get a raise in a couple of months.
I'm not going to be homeless, yet!

To celebrate Danny and I decided it was time to get some delicious mexican food at our new favorite mexican restaurant!
We didn't walk the 20 blocks this time but got a $9 taxi. It might have been lazy but we were celebrating.
When we arrived we got the menu and saw this:


They didn't have their renewed alcohol license. 
This was not the celebration we had hoped for but our amazing waiter friend Marco brought us all this amazing Mexican food to eat. 
Marco also told me if I marry him he will cook this for me every night.
I'm considering it. 


When Danny and I left the restaurant it was really cold and Danny suggested we take the bus.
It was my first bus experience in New York! 
Our subway passes worked for it as well! 


And a real line you pull at your spot! 
How New York! 
It's the little things that get me so excited! 


We got all the way back to our apartment and realized we never got our drink. 
So we walked a couple of blocks back the other way and grabbed a drink at this little neighborhood bar. 


The bar was cute but only took cash... so Danny bought my celebration job drink for me.
He is seriously the best roommate a girl could ask for!


OH and below is the jukebox... Well Ipod box on the wall. I just thought it was the coolest! 


This morning I woke up and decided to meet a friend in Times Square. 
We walked around the whole place and visited places I had not been to yet. 
like M&M world! 





I really liked the views from inside!




Then upon walking around I found my first Church of Scientology. 
I was hoping to see Tom Cruise mosey out but I had no such luck. 


After my day in Time Square I ran to meet my friend Eliza in Park Slope, Brooklyn.
Eliza and I went to middle school and high school together and danced at the same studio through out. 
Eliza moved to NY last summer and is currently a freelance singer and a member of an amazing band. 
Eliza always had musical talent and I remember her being an amazing violinist in high school. 
She actually left my high school junior year to pursue her talent at North Carolina School of the Arts.
She later found out she really loved to sing. 
Here is Eliza and her bandmates:


I am going to share their music video, mostly because i'm obsessed with it and mostly because I just have a feeling they are going to be famous so I want everyone to know Eliza is my friend! 
So check out out here!

               

Eliza took me to dinner at this little hip burger joint called BareBurger. 
Everything is organic and delicious! 
I had the brisket burger... which was amazing! 


Yes those are fried pickles on top (there are some in it also!) 
This was Eliza's choice 


This place is absolutely delicious and a MUST if you are ever in New York. 
There are several of them in and around the city! 

After amazing dinner conversation we parted ways and promised to get together soon. 
A really cool thing about New York is how much people reach out to you. 
Eliza and I had not seen each other in maybe 6 years but we picked up where we left off and had an amazing time. 
She and so many others have gone out of there way to make me feel at home at my new home! 
Everyone remembers being new here and has ideas and tricks of how to make it work! 
Oh by the way. I'm in love with her neighborhood.
It's so Carrie Bradshaw! 


I think I could see myself living here! I may look for an apartment in Park Slope for September. 

SO the biggest news of all is I have an interview with InTouch magazine on Monday! 
I am super excited although I will have to go to Jersey and I have no idea how to do that.
But regardless I'm so excited and I'm hoping something will happen with this! 

I also wanted to thank everyone real quick for all the support around my blog. You will never understand how amazing it is to get Facebook messages and tweets about how much you love to read my blog. It makes me feel like I'm still connected to everyone! Keep the comments and suggestions coming! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover