Image Map

Monday, June 3, 2013

Weekend Roundup!

I can't believe I have been living in New York for an entire week. 
I know it doesn't seem long but it has flown by so fast! 
I still walk around looking up and thinking "How did I get so lucky to live here". 
I keep thinking my life is some really really good dream. 
My first weekend in New York was so wild. 
Just Kidding! 
I kind of kept it low key. 
Honestly I don't know how I survived my first New York Thursday so I spent at least two days recovering. 

Friday night me and my roommate Danny were so bored. So we decided to do something crazy...
we.
ordered.
PIZZA! 


Not even amazing Brooklyn style pizza... but we are both broke! 
Our night was spent joking and eating pizza. 
Even though we didn't do anything we didn't get to bed until pretty late! 

If you didn't know New York is experiencing a heat wave. It is so hot here. 
Our apartment doesn't have air conditioning. 
Thank god I have a window unit which has become amazing but my roommate Danny does not. 
After him having a horrible and hot night of sleep we headed onto our little street to find a window unit! 


After all that shopping through the heat it was time for a treat! 

The newest coolest thing here is called Bubble tea. 
Danny loves them, everyone is always drinking them, so of course I had to give one a try! 
We headed into this little asian bakery. 


We had to pick the flavor we wanted to be made. 
I picked mango and Danny picked cantaloupe. 


While she was making it I was obsessing over all the treats... 



And then my first Bubble Tea was ready for me. 


It is made of a milk and tea and then has chewy candy at the bottom. 
It's taste like chi to me minus the spice and plus a fruit flavor. 
I loved everything about it minus the chewy candy at the bottom... 
They were like flavorless chewy jello. 



But overall I really liked it! 
It was really refreshing! 

I had made some plans for Saturday night that kind of fell through. 
So I decided I was going to get dressed, do my hair and head to Time Square. 
I wanted to walk around and look at everything! 
So I took the adventure on my own! 

Little did I know because of train traffic it was going to take me a good 2 hours to get there (usually a 40 min ride). 
But I finally made it! 


I decided my first stop would be the 3 story Forever21. 
It was totally packed out! 
But had everything you could imagine. 


Just walking around. 

\

Amazing Time Square Mac!


It was amazing to me how many people were there. 
And how many people were rude. 
They would just walk out in front of cars which I think also helps me put into perspective why so many pedestrians are killed in NY. 






Of course I had to check out Hersey world! 





And my girl Beyonce working it!


I made the decision that I was going to get a pretzel for dinner! 


But ended up saving it until I got home for this dipping sauce!



I got to bed and had to get ready for my first day at work at the Spa! 

Sunday. 

I think one of my favorite things about New York is how you can walk into different places and feel like you are in a different country. 
My work is in Herald Square which is also considered Korean town. 
Korean food and stores line the sidewalks! 





My first day of training went really well. 
The spa is an upscale spa and we take a lot of celebrity clientele.
Which I totally love. 
What I don't love is that it is a 24 hour spa. 
And i've been hired for night shifts. 
Which means drunk people.
The good news is two people work at once during the night plus I have all the staff that will be there. 
The place is gorgeous.
It is a 2 million dollar facility and I wanted to take more pictures but guest were walking around naked.... I'll get more pictures when no one is in there! 



So through my contact for USweekly, Gina, I have got into contact with InTouch. 
They emailed me back today and will be telling me on Wednesday if they will be able to offer me an internship with the magazine! 
I'm really hoping this works out! 
So pray for me guys! 
I think an internship would help me really be able to get a foot in the door and then be able to work for any publication! 

Today I will be getting groceries and hopefully figuring out how the heck to do laundry. 
Danny says he drops his off but I currently have $13 dollars to my name so I might be doing it myself:) 

I can not wait to see what this week will bring! 



Sami's Shenanigans

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover