Image Map

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Big News... at the very bottom!


I've been a bad bad blogger this week. 
It's not that I've been really busy and haven't had time...
It has been pure laziness! 

Sunday Danny and I woke up really hungry! 
I had to do a work shift from 4-12am... I know right horrible! 
He took me to 8th avenue and we had a delicious lunch at this Vietnamese place! 


If I were to close my eyes and someone dropped me off in the middle of the area where this place was located I would think I was in a different country. 
Everything was in some sort of koran. 
Job anyone? 


After lunch I rushed off to work. 
I work with all these Russian girls who always teach me Russian during our shift. 
And of course share their Russian snacks! 
Kate, a girl I worked with let me try her bread crumbs... it literally taste like you are eating croutons... 
I told her I liked it, which was mostly a lie. 


Work went by pretty quickly but by the end of my shift I was exhausted. 
I've never worked at a place that was such a big deal. 
We've been on the cover of magazines and named the best spa in New York several times...


It is actually pretty cool but really stressful. Everything is really fast pace and no mistake is made without being called out for it. ever. 
My ride back was long because I was so exhausted and literally hit the pillow the moment I walked in the door. 

Monday was the big day! 
I had my InTouch magazine interview! 
My ride to the interview was of course hell. 
I sat on a train with a women who was saying stuff about the devil. 
The guy beside me was doing hail mary's because he was scared.
I was thinking I was about to have a starring role in the newest thriller The Exorcism of Elizabeth Rose. 
It was a lot right before an interview. 
I finally made it to where I needed to get on a bus... not a moment to soon.
I had to take the New Jersey Transit bus for the first time, which took me over the George Washington Bridge! 


When I finally got to my interview I was drenched from the rain  so I stood in a parking lot, put on my heels and fixed my makeup... walked in and tried to figure out where I was going


Found it!



I was suppose to meet with Rachel and a girl named Jessica but Jessica was called out of the office to do a news story (related to Amanda Bynes) so I just met with Rachel. 
Rachel is a dark haired slim lady with a great energy about her. 
We discussed how she use to live in LA and how she moved to NYC. 
She was super nice and told me she would tell Jessica great things about me. 
She then gave me a stack of magazines, told me to study them, and told me if I get this internship that I need to be involved in everything! 

I walked out of the interview feeling confident but not very excited for my journey back to New York. I hate the commute. 
Oh and it's kinda expensive. $3.50 each way! 
That's gonna add up! 

Tuesday to keep my mind off everything I decided to go hang out with some guy I had met on my cruise last December.
Kris and Joe live in Long Island which I had never been to before. 
While I was waiting for my ride I got a card from one of my sorority sisters! 
This made my entire day! 
Jennifer is the BEST! 


Joe picked me up after work and we did a two hour terrifying car ride to Long Island.
 Driving in New York is like driving in Mario Cart. 
Everyone is is switching lanes and almost killing each other at really fast paces. 
Joe added to the whole experience by yelling constantly and beeping his horn.
I though Joe was the scariest driver I had ever rode with... then I drove in the car with Kris. 
Joe dropped me off at Kris's house while he went to take a shower real quick. 
I got to meet Kris's awesome family who adopted me instantly telling me I can move in anytime and Kris can just sleep on the couch. 
Kris's mom is amazing and his little sister is adorable. 
She is about to have one of the biggest sweet 16 parties I'v ever heard of! 
After Joe was ready the three of us headed to the beach where we met up with their friend Phil and his cousin. 
I had no idea how beautiful Long Island was. 


We finally arrived at the beach and put up fishing poles and laid out the grill. 



If you were wondering... the water is freezing. 
The boys of course had no problems walking in. 





They all fished and of course of we all ate! 



They caught a couple of things that they couldn't keep...







After fishing Kris generously drove me the one hour back to my house.
Those boys are the best.

Wednesday my roommate Danny and I decided we wanted to do a big dinner somewhere.
We decided Sushi would be the best!
We met up on 42nd street and walked into this amazing sushi place in Hells Kitchen


And we got so much delicious food! 

Lemongrass coconut soup! 
It is such a good soup if you have never had it. It is very milky and amazing


Danny ordered a salad! 


Fried Tuna Wontons!
Seriously so delicious!

Dragon Roll and Philly Roll

And Danny ordered the Hot Momma Roll... Duh.


Yum!


It was soooo good! 

After we decide that we of course have to get dessert somewhere...
Why not where the Sex and the city girls always go? 


Magnolia's! 
I couldn't decide what I wanted... Danny knew he wanted Red Velvet Cheese cake! 


I ended up with a Magic Cookie Bar... which was delicious... But I was jealous after tasting Danny's... I should have got the cheese cake! 






We ate our treats right outside of the Fox News Network location. 
I just had to take a picture for my dad! 


It was a really really good day! 
Danny and I came back to our apartment and just hung out after. 

So I got have big news... And I wasn't going to announce it yet but I don't think I can wait any longer.

I am officially the NEWEST INTERN AT INTOUCH MAGAZINE! 

I am so excited and I can't wait to give more details as soon as I know them myself!!! 
It is unpaid but a lot of people go into this internship and come out as employees! 
I'm so very excited. 

Second biggest news... Tomorrow Amanda and I are going to the Tori Burch sample sale!!!! 
haha. 

Thanks for being patient with me about this post. I'm going to keep writing so please don't worry! I will try to update this more! It means a lot people were reminding me to update my blog! I just got called into work from 4-12am so I better go! 






1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your internship Auntie!!! I love reading about all your adventures :):) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover