Image Map

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Started from the bottom now we here.


Happy Saturday! 
My week has flown by. I think I spent most of it recovering from working so much. 
Yesterday I had my internship at InTouch during the day which was fun! 
I really like it... everyone is super nice and helpful. 
I brought cupcakes from Magnolias Bakery to my favorite three gals Rachel, Jamie, and Jessica. 
Which of course meant I had to wake up at 6 in the morning to run into the city before. 
I think this was fate because Kip Moore opened the door for me and I got to walk by as he was moments later preforming on Fox and Friends morning show! 


At that point I decided today would most likely be a good day. 
When I got to my internship we had our 10:15 meeting... where we talk about all the latest celeb gossip and such. 
Then I sat at my seat... worked on some pitches for stories and found out where some celebs were located currently through research. 
OH and I made a new friend... her name is Rikki! 
We were just talking about how much we loved our internship when Jessica (yes the Jessica of InTouch that Amanda Bynes attacked... so I like to think she's kinda famous) came over and told us that today was free ice cream day! 
Apparently every Friday at the office there is either free pizza or free Mr. Swirley. 
Heck yes! 
So we instinctively ran downstairs with Jessica and Rachel to wait in line! 


Rikki, myself, and free ice cream! 


Here is my little desk at InTouch!


During work I was texting my friend from college Erika and my friend I had met from the cruise named Darius. 
Erika is moving to NY next month to attend Hunter College in the city for grad school. 
She is so much fun and although we were not close in college (we were in different sororities) I think we can both agree after last night we are going to become close this year. 
We decided we were all going out.
Erika was going to meet me in Brooklyn... drop her stuff off at my apartment... then we were going to head over to Darius friend's house and go out. 
The original club we had planned to go to had a $20 cover charge. It was a gay club for Darius and Erika and I decided we didn't want to have to pay $20 in general... but we def didn't want to have to pay $20 then buy our own drinks all night! 
I met Erika at my bus stop and we dropped her stuff off at my apartment. 
On the way back to the subway stop to head into the city we decided we wanted to pre-game because drinks were going to be expensive... so we bought two bottles of wine for the subway ride over! 


The subway ride was about an hour but we kept busy and made it a fun trip! 
I was so excited to see Darius and Erika was so excited to meet him! 


This guy was texting me and told me he could get us into the hottest night club in the Meat Packing District for free if we just showed up. 
So we packed up and headed towards a hotel called The Gansevoort Hotel. 
This hotel is Kim Kardashian's favorite place to stay in NYC and the home of TOY... I'm sure you remember seeing that TV show about the new upcoming place. 
When we got there I called the guy and he came out and told the bouncer we were with him...
The bouncer had no idea who he was... he was a nobody... which I can imagine was embarrassing for him because he disappeared back into the club.
Which posed a problem for us
The line to get in through the regular waiting was down the block and it would cost us an arm and a leg to get in (talked to a guy later who said he had to buy a $400 dollar bottle of whiskey to get in)... our only choice was to get past this this Guy.. His name is Mike... he runs the VIP line... 


I decided I was going to turn on my southern charm. 
I walked up to him and introduced myself... it went something like this. 
"Heeey! me and my friend Erika just moved here and we really wanted to come to this nice nightclub... and we have these two friends here as well... that guy he said he could get us in but lied to us... where are you from? oh really that is awesome.. tell me more!... oh amazing. Mike you are just so friendly... i'm so sorry all these people are giving you trouble". 
Apparently Mike just needed someone to be nice to him. 
He told us we could sit in the lobby and have a few drinks but he couldn't let us go up the elevator to the rooftop bar. 
As far as we were concerned we were in! 
We sat at the bar for a few minutes, bought a $17 cosmo and saw a huge group of women being going into the elevator... Erika and I ran and hopped on. 
The guy looked at me and said "wait are you staying here" and I looked around the elevator, pointed at a random drunk girl and said "i'm with her". 
The girl smiled and that is how Erika and I made it into the hottest club in NY in the meat packing district on a Friday night. 
We decided we are a dream team. 
I talked our way in... Erika led us pretending like we were suppose to be there. 
This bar was amazing. 
It is on a rooftop and you are surrounded by NYC. 




Our whole crew made it in... but Darius and his friend sent me a text 20 min later saying they were downstairs.
I think they may have got caught. 



Erika and I bought out first drink... for almost $20 for a small glass but we talked our way around to all these men and didn't have to pay for another one for the rest of the night. 
We also managed to just walk up to VIP tables and pretend like we were suppose to be there... It was easy actually... So the night was wild. 
This club was the craziest club I've ever been to. 
Erika and I had a moment while we were there where we looked at each other and asked "how the hell did we pull this off?". 
The song "started from the bottom now we here" came on... which took on a new meaning for me last night. 
So we hung out... danced around... drank a bit until around 4 in the morning.... 




We left and decided it was time for a little breakfast... We stopped at this place called "The Diner".
I had some Mac and Cheese and Erika ordered a burger! Yum! 


We decided to taxi home... which I can't tell you much about that drive. Because I feel asleep in the cab... but Erika informed me the driver was lost. 
When we finally got home people were heading to work... and it was sunny outside... I snapped this picture of Erika as we were walking into my apartment. 


When I woke up Erika had left (she flies back to NC today until she moves back permanently for school). 
So that was my wild night in NYC... I can not wait for Erika to move here so this can be a weekly thing! 
I have to work today from 8pm-4am so i'm gonna try and take another quick nap! 
Thanks for stopping by! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover